immigration lawyer

Attorney Zeb Ogueri


Ouch! There was a server error.
Retry »

Sending message...

Immigration Law and the United States

If you are thinking of relocating to the United States, for citizenship you will need to understand immigration law. This will help you understand and prepare for your relocation. If you are already in the U. S., you will need to know about your legal rights and responsibilities. Atlanta immigration lawyer

Getting a United States Visa

When you visit the United States, you may obtain a business or a pleasure visa. The business or B-1 visa allows you to visit for business purposes, or to receive treatment for medical conditions. You also may accompany family that needs medical treatment. Immigration lawyer in Atlanta

When you plan to visit friends or relatives, you will need to obtain the B-2, visiting for pleasure visa. There are some things that you must prove to get your B-2 visa. You must be on a temporary visit. You must leave when your stay is over, and you must have a passport. You must prove that you are not here for asylum, and that you can support yourself during your stay in this country. When you get your visa, you will need to pass through a port of entry and you must be approved to enter.

Green Cards

A green card is also called a permanent resident card. Permanent residents are authorized to live and work in the United States. You can get a green card when you are sponsored by family or an employer. Family means that you are a spouse, unmarried child, or parent of a U. S. Citizen. You may also be granted a green card if you are a refugee, or are seeking asylum from another country.

There is more than one way to receive a green card through an employer. You may receive a job offer from a U. S. Employer. The employer will then take care of the necessary forms and filings. Also, when you are investing in a American business that creates jobs, you may file for a green card.


There are several ways that you may become a U. S. Citizen. The simplest way is to be born in the United States or a territory. If your parents are U. S. Citizens, you will be a U. S. Citizen if you are born in a foreign country. If you are under 18 and at least one parent is a U. S. Citizen, you also may be able to apply for citizenship, in some instances.

Another method is through naturalization. This method lets you take a test, if you qualify. You must be at least 18 years of age, and live in the U. S. For at least five years. You must have knowledge of American history, and you must also be able to read, write, and speak, the English language. You need to be a resident for three months, in the state that you take the test, also.


When you come to the United States, it is important to know immigration law. You can enter the country with a business or pleasure visa. If you want to work in the United States, you will need to apply for a green card. If you have a green card for five years, you may apply for United States citizenship. If you need more information, you can visit the website of the United States Department of Immigration. Atlanta immigration lawyer site